Dear Friends and Patients of the Clinic,
We hope this letter finds you and your family in good health. Our community has gone through a lot over the last few months, and all of us are looking forward to resuming our normal habits and routines. While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to your health and safety.
Infection control has always been a top priority for our practice and you may have seen this during your visits to our office. Our infection control processes are made so that when you receive care, it's both safe and comfortable. We follow infection control recommendations made by the College of Dental Surgeons of British Columbia, BCDA, and BC Provinical Health Officer.
Based on new guidelines, it has been recommended to defer the treatment for Patients considered high risk for severe COVID-19 whenever possible. These conditions include those with pre-existing conditions such as serious respiratory disease, serious heart conditions, immunocompromised conditions, severe obesity, diabetes, chronic kidney disease or those undergoing dialysis, and liver disease; pregnant patients; and patients who are 70+ years.
You may see some changes when it is time for your next appointment. We made these changes to help protect our patients and staff including:
- Our office will communicate with you beforehand to ask some screening questions and see if you have any symptoms of COVID-19 like cough, sore throat, shortness of breath, running nose, sneezing, post-nasal drip (coryza), loss of smell (anosmia) with or without fever. You'll be asked those same questions again when you are in the office.
- Please call to reschedule your appointment if you have had close contact with a suspected COVID-19 positive case or been in isolation or even travelled in the last 14 days.
- Please inform our office of any health changes occuring in the next 14 days AFTER your dental appointment (ie: you are test positive with COVID-19)
- Attend appointments alone where possible and do not bring friends or children
- Please sanitize your hands upon entering the office. They will be readily available at the reception desk. You also need to sanitize your hands before leaving the office.
- Your body temperature will be taken and recorded when you arrive at the office.
- There are the CODVID-19 consent and screening forms for you to review and sign upon arrival.
- You may see that our waiting room will no longer offer magazines, children's toys and so forth, since those items are difficult to clean and disinfect.
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. That might mean that you're offered fewer options for scheduling your appointment.
- Enhanced operatory disinfection procedures of all surfaces between patients.
- We will do our best to allow greater time between patients to reduce waiting times for you, as well as to reduce the number of patients in the reception area at any one time.
- All patients will be rinsing with a 1% hydrogen peroxide (provided) prior to any treatment in the office.
- To limit the exchange of paper documents, payments will be accepted through contactless or electronic methods (i.e. credit card or debit). Cash will not be accepted at the time.
- No walk-ins will be allowed at this time. Please call our office if you have any questions or need to make an appointment.
We look forward to seeing you again soon and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep you, the staff and the community safe. Please call us at (604) 942-3262 to schedule an appointment.
Thank you for your patience as we all work through this "new normal" together. We value your trust and loyalty, and look forward to welcoming you back to our practice.
Drs Joyce Yeo, Azita Harati and Team
Visit the Whole-Family Coquitlam Dentist for All Your Dental Needs
From kids and teens to adults and seniors, we welcome the whole family at Coquitlam Dental Clinic. No matter what dental services you seek, our experienced Coquitlam dentists will treat your teeth with honesty, integrity, and dedicated care. Don’t wait until there is a problem before visiting the dentist! Our preventative care ensures that your oral health stays at the highest it can, and that your dental expenses stay at the lowest they can.
We have been proudly servicing the Coquitlam, Tri-cities, Port Coquitlam, Port Moody, Maple Ridge, and Pitt Meadows area for over 30 years with quality and compassionate dental care. In that time, we have treated a wide variety of patients, many of whom are still with us to this day. Regardless of who or when, our patients have enjoyed the full spectrum of dental services we offer, including:
Your oral health is a crucially important part of your overall health, and it deserves dedicated attention and professional care. Put your family’s teeth in good hands and schedule an appointment with any one of our dentists today!
Convenience, Compassion, and Community
Our dental offices are conveniently located across from Coquitlam Centre Mall, above RBC and next door to Starbucks on Lougheed Highway. We are directly accessible from Lincoln Skytrain Station for easy transportation, and we also offer free parking and are fully wheelchair accessible. Between our dentists and staff, we speak Mandarin, Cantonese, Farsi, Arabic, and English, so you are welcome in just about any language you prefer.
Check out our Google reviews from our patients!
Putting Your Best Tooth Forward
Our cosmetic dental procedures will have you smiling brighter and more beautiful than ever before. We can give you the teeth you have always dreamed of!
It’s Nothing We Can’t Fix
No matter how bad you think your teeth currently are we have a solution to restore your smile back to its once former glory. Schedule your implant, crown, inlay, or onlay today!